Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I have water coming into my basement?
- Where is the water coming in at? (Window well, walls or is it coming up through the basement floor?)
- How much water is coming in? (Would you say it's coming in at a rate of an inch an hour, more, less?)
- Is your Sump Pump working properly?
- How long has this been going on?
- Is Your basement flooded?
It could be one of several different problems:
- You have a broken waterline
- Your Sump Pump needs to be replaced
- Your Drain Tile is plugged up
- Your downspouts are not discharging far enough away from the house so water is running back down inside your basement
- Your property is not pitched properly so rainwater is running back towards your house
I can smell sewer gas coming from my basement, what does this mean?
- Do you have sewage backing up into your basement?
- Check your floor drain, do you see any liquid at all?
- Is the smell stronger near a washing machine?
- Your sewer pipe could be clogged or broken
- Your floor drain could be dry
- Try pouring a couple gallons of clear water down the drain and see if this helps the smell
Don't wait too long! Give us a call and we will come and give you a free estimate. If this is an emergency, we will always put you to the top of the list.